Why Get Pre-Qualified?
1. First and foremost, pre-qualifying for a loan gives you the comfort of understanding the loan process, how much of a down payment you may need and what type of borrowing power you have. We insist that our lenders also provide you with an estimated monthly payment. From experience we've learned that buyers may be informed that they qualify for "X" amount, but they are not told what their monthly payments might be. That is unacceptable in our eyes.
1. Pre-qualification acts as a dry run of the loan application process. The mortgage lender will use details you provide about your credit, income, assets and debts to arrive at an estimate of how much mortgage you can afford. The whole process may take only minutes or a few hours at most, and is free.
2. While a "pre-qual" is non-binding to the lender (because the information you provide has not been verified), it does serve as a good indication to potential sellers of your general creditworthiness.
3. These days most sellers will NOT accept an offer without at least a pre-approval letter, so if you are serious about buying this is the first step towards getting you in your new home.
4. The loan officer you select could have a enormous impact on both the seller, as well as their agent, in making a decision as to whether or not to accept your offer.
5. We come with a lot of experience. We've been through the ups and downs, and we know what matters. Let us help you.
Ross Komagome - NMLS# 690189
Honolulu HomeLoans - NMLS# 314918
745 Fort Street Mall, Suite 1001
Honolulu, HI 96813
Ross was born and raised in Manoa, attending Punahou High and continuing his education with a BA in Economics at University of Hawaii Manoa.
He worked at Bank of Hawaii for six years, and HHL for the last 5 years where he topped the mortgage referral charts. This experience allows Ross to realize that a home loan can be very stressful and confusing for a customer, so he's very excited and motivated to use his knowledge to understand customer's situations and help them reach their homeownership dreams by making the process fast, easy and enjoyable for them. His ten plus years of customer service work allows him to comfortably build strong and long lasting relationships which he thinks is key to find what loan program is ideal for each customer.
In Ross' spare time, he likes anything sports, hiking, running, traveling and spending time with friends and family.